CedarGardens is an education and support group for all activists, NOT a dating or hook-up group.
CedarGardens is a non-profit, volunteer run group devoted to the promotion of safe, sane, consensual and non-exploitative adult power exchange.
All CedarGardens members may put a name forward to be considered; this prospective member will be thoroughly vetted and voted on.
All CedarGardens members may come forward with their own idea / project and will be supported by the community as part of a Special Interest Group.
The community’s main principles are as follow:
- Respect: We honor each member’s unique experience and perspective and treat others with respect, even when we differ or disagree. We value the participation and experience of novices as much as that of more seasoned players.
- Integrity: We practice honesty and accountability in our dealings with each other. We take full responsibility for our own feelings, needs, and choices. When we make a mistake, we admit it, learn from it, and make amends as needed.
- Safety: While acknowledging that such practices, like life, are inherently risky, we practice a high standard of care for our own and our partners’ physical and emotional safety. This includes educating ourselves about safer practices and techniques, taking precautions against the spread of disease, respecting others’ boundaries, and being honest about our own limitations.
- Community: We seek to form a welcoming and cohesive community that engages with and gives back to the larger community around us. Placing fairness and community welfare before interpersonal conflicts, we avoid malicious gossip, scapegoating, and factionalism.
- Education: We are committed to continually improving our skills, understanding, and self-knowledge around a more open lifestyle. We acknowledge that everyone, no matter what their level of experience, has things to teach and learn. Through our workshops and discussion groups, we create opportunities for experiential learning that go beyond technique to touch on the spirit of what we do.
- Empowerment: We affirm the validity of such acts as a path to self-discovery, pleasure, intimacy, healing, and spiritual awakening. We support each member’s right to explore and express their unique sexuality in any way that is consensual and causes no harm to others.